Management Users

May 4, 2009 at 11:01 PM
Hi, 

I have just installed Phoenix and I have a problem about management users. When I try to add user and system asks me for a system user. What system does it refer?

Thanks in advance,
Coordinator
May 5, 2009 at 1:17 AM
Hi there,
I think you're referring to the sysadmin account. During the installation of Phoenix, one user account is created and this is called the "sysadmin" account. The password is initially set to "phoenixV2" (without the quotes.) When you have logged in with this account, change the password. Other user accounts may then be created.

I hope that helps,
Roger

May 5, 2009 at 11:47 AM
Thank you for quickly answer.

My problem is I do not know how I can add new user.

I have discovered that I can do it by applying "Register" option in
main web page.

I wonder If it is only way to add new users. Is it necessary that new
user to apply it before?

Thanks again,

Jose Blanco

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 3:17 AM, [email removed] wrote:
> From: rhelliwell
>
> Hi there,
> I think you're referring to the sysadmin account. During the installation of
> Phoenix, one user account is created and this is called the "sysadmin"
> account. The password is initially set to "phoenixV2" (without the quotes.)
> When you have logged in with this account, change the password. Other user
> accounts may then be created.
>
> I hope that helps,
> Roger
>
> Read the full discussion online.
>
> To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email
> ([email removed])
>
> To start a new discussion for this project, email
> [email removed]
>
> You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on
> CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.
>
> Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts
> to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com
May 5, 2009 at 1:54 PM
Edited May 5, 2009 at 1:55 PM
Hi nnanno,

Users must have an account in the system before you can add them.  You can create accounts for people by going through the registration process. Does this work for you?

Regards,

Joost
May 5, 2009 at 3:50 PM
What do you mean with "account in the system"? LDAP?

Jose Blanco,

http://campus.connectionmadrid.com

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 3:54 PM, jvanulden <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Nanno,

Users must have an account in the system already before you can add them.  You can create accounts for people by going through the registration process. Does this work for you?

Regards,

Joost

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (phoenix@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email phoenix@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
José Blanco
Coordinator
May 5, 2009 at 7:54 PM
Yes, that's the only way to create user accounts.  If you don't require user accounts, you could always set "Allow Anonymous Access" to true in the workspace administration and then anyone can add content. 

I'm assuming that you're in a Campus setting and would like one Phoenix account for every student right? This is something that is currently not possible with this release. However, it would not be a large task to generate the SQL scripts and accompanying batch file to create the folders etc for each account (well, it might be a little "large").

Roger
May 6, 2009 at 3:37 AM
They would need to register first.

On 5-May-09, at 8:50 AM, nnanno wrote:

What do you mean with "account in the system"? LDAP?

Jose Blanco,

http://campus.connectionmadrid.com

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 3:54 PM, jvanulden <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Nanno,

Users must have an account in the system already before you can add them. You can create accounts for people by going through the registration process. Does this work for you?

Regards,

Joost

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (phoenix@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email phoenix@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
José Blanco

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

May 6, 2009 at 9:41 PM
I understand that they would need to register first. Although I would like to register from a user list.

Thank you very much.

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 3:17 AM, rhelliwell <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi there,
I think you're referring to the sysadmin account. During the installation of Phoenix, one user account is created and this is called the "sysadmin" account. The password is initially set to "phoenixV2" (without the quotes.) When you have logged in with this account, change the password. Other user accounts may then be created.

I hope that helps,
Roger

--
José Blanco
Coordinator
May 7, 2009 at 12:46 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.