IE 6

May 8, 2009 at 9:09 PM

I was wondering if there is a specific set of known issues with Phoenix and IE6 or if it was simply not given official support and therefore never tested with the browser.

I was interested in using Phoenix but am forced to use IE6.

Coordinator
May 9, 2009 at 4:29 AM

Hi Frank,

It was mostly lack of testing, but I know there are some issues with CSS in IE6 and also IE6 doesn't support transparent PNGs. In addition, there may be problems on the pages that use AJAX (file uploading, the chat module etc).

Roger

May 11, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the feedback. I spent some time today testing IE6 with Phoenix 2.91. It seem to work well enough. The few things that did not work well are very minor.

• Hovering over the login button, or any other button in that area, covers the text with a white block which disappears if I hover over another button on the page.
  • The alert block that warns that IE6 is not a supported browser does not appear unless I drag the window off the screen and back again. But the extra space for the alert block is there.

So far, these are the worst issues I have encounters. I did not test everything yet. I think we can deal with this easily enough.

Thanks again
Frank